Hi there.
Thank you for stopping by our fundraiser blog.
My name is Kristina Proffitt and my family and I have organized this fundraiser because someone we love SO much was just diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. That someone is my sweet and beautiful daughter, Caylin. She is 5-years-old and was diagnosed on March 2, 2011 - a day I will never forget. 

Caylin is more than a diabetic though. Having diabetes does not and WILL not define who she is. She is still the same sweet, silly kid who loves to dance in the kitchen, play with cars, color, catch ladybugs, pop bubbles, play in the bathtub, make her brother laugh, gives the best hugs and she has THE biggest heart.That has not changed.

SHE is the reason we are doing this. In honor of her and all of the other sweet children who are dealing with the same disorder that she is now faced with for the rest of her life.

Caylin is my sidekick. My baby bird. The one who loves to craft and scrapbook with me. The little girl who comes up to me countless times a day to give me a hug. She's such a bright spot in this world and has made our lives so wonderful. That is why I have set my goal for this fundraiser so high ($10,000). I honestly would set it at a million dollars if I could (I do, however, know that would be crazy and very unrealistic) just because I want to do anything and everything I can to help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. She is priceless to us and I know that as long as she is dealing with Type 1 - I (and the rest of my family) will be raising money to help find a cure.

That is what "Caylin's Cure" is all about. Doing all that we can to raise money and awareness about Type 1 so my sweet daughter and countless other children can live a life one day free of Type 1.

Thank you again for taking the time to stop by and read about our fundraiser. I pray that you are able to be a part of it in any way that you can or even just praying for Caylin and our family and all of the children and their families who are dealing with Type 1.

Having a child with Type 1 is a very overwhelming, scary, heartbreaking, sad, upsetting and frustrating thing BUT knowing there are ways we can help in the fight against Type 1 makes dealing with it all a bit easier. There IS hope.

Won't you be a part of spreading that hope?

Thank you and God bless you.